Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Random Things...

... that have put me in a great mood today.

1) A fantastic email from my co-worker Janet at 9:00am to inform me of all of the craziness I miss while I am not working at the vet hospital. Basically the email went like this -

"A client just told Desiree to have Dr. M not do the guinea pig castration if he wasn't 100%. Do you think the client was talking about the guinea pig or Dr. Malek? Dr. M of course. She also doesn't want him to do the surgery if he has taken any cold medicine."

OMG, where do these people come from? I swear some of the stories and people that we have heard and met over the years most people would never believe them. I think that Janet, Dr. M and I need to write a book or produce a sitcom based on the staff, clients, and bullshit we have had to deal with at the hospital.


2) There was a brand new Law & Order:SVU on this evening. The Fall season makes me so happy due to the fact that new episodes of my favorite shows are airing. I can't tell you how much I love Mariska Hargitay, who plays detective Olivia Benson. She is such a great actress and a natural beauty. Oh, and the hotness that is Christopher Meloni. I swear he hasn't aged a day since he starred on HBO's drama OZ.

3) I ran a short distance today, with my iPod. I has it on shuffle and I swear I didn't have to skip any songs while on the run. It was a perfect playlist.

4) I found out that George Strait will be stopping in Sacramento on January 31, 2008. Tickets have yet to go on sale, but when they do, I will be the first online to buy the maximum amount of tickets allowed. My family and I are effing crazy for George Strait. This will be our billionth time seeing him in concert.

5) I just bought the new Reba CD, Reba Duets. It is really great! I just read that Reba McEntire achieved a career milestone with her 31st studio album Reba Duets. It debuted last week with unprecedented sales of more than 300,000 albums sold, landing her in the top spot on The Billboard 200 chart. This marks the first time McEntire has ever reached the #1 spot on The Billboard 200 and is her biggest first week album sales ever.

6) My best friend Jen called me this afternoon and told me a story about some dumb, annoying client. Jen is an engineer, a total smarty. Anyways, the client came into her company's office today for a meeting, The way she explained his sexuality made me almost pee myself because it so didn't make sense, yet at the same time it did. Jen said "he was so gay that he had to use the elevator." Now her company's office is on the second floor of a two-story building. I don't know why I found that quote so funny, but it still makes me laugh.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Totally agree on Mariska - she is so much prettier than her mother

Saw George in concert many years ago - helluva voice

EditThis said...

I love it when my iPod plays a perfect playlist while I'm running and it's set to Shuffle.