Friday, March 09, 2007

A Blast From the Past

I don't know about all of you, but I use to be the biggest Cranberries fan when I was a teenager. As of late, the Cranberries have been on a hiatus. During this self imposed hiatus, Dolores O'Riordan, the lead singer, has been diligently working on a solo effort. On May 8, 2007 her solo album Are You Listening will be released. The lead single for the album is Ordinary Day. I have attached a fan produced video for Ordinary Day. I am really feeling this song, but I may be a tad biased due to the my love for Dolores and the Cranberries. I have attached some recent publicity photos of Dolores. I am amazed with how well Dolores has aged. As Tyra would say, "She looks fierce."




8 comments:

LA said...

Wow, she looks fantastic! I used to have a Cranberries CD (the one with Zombie), but I can't seem to find it. :(

Who do you like better, Ryan, Dolores or Shirley Manson?

Ryan said...

SHIRLEY MASON = THE GODDESS OF ROCK

Diane said...

I'm with Ryan - Dolores is good, but Shirley is da bomb

LA said...

Totally agree.

v said...

Wow. This is song is amazing! Thanks for posting it.

And I like Shirley and Garbage too. But I'm going to buck the trend and say it's a tie between Shirley and Dolores ... as well as between Garbage and the Cranberries.

Thanks again for posting such a great song.

Ryan said...

V - I love the Cranberries, don't get me wrong, but Garbage is far superior in my opinion.

I say this because Garbage is my favorite band in the entire world.

You have no clue how much I love Garbage and Shirley Manson. I could go on for hours.

I have seen them live 9 times. Each time better than the time before.

"You Look So Fine" will be my Civil Union song.
It is my all time favorite song in any genre.
Version 2.0 is my favorite album across all genres as well. Every song on that album is perfection. It is kind of like the soundtrack to my life.

Shirley would cut a bitch faster than Dolores so that is why she wins in this contest!

EditThis said...

I've never much cared for the Cranberries, but I don't mind this song.

V - I don't think I'm following. Are you saying you like Garbage?

Prunella Jones said...

Love, love, love Dolores! "Zombie" is one of the most addicting songs ever!