Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ryan's Oscar Predictions 2007



Best Picture - Babel

Best Actor - Peter O'Toole

Best Actress - Helen Mirren

Best Supporting Actor - Alan Arkin

Best Supporting Actress - Jennifer Hudson

Best Director - Martin Scorsese

Animated Feature - Cars

Art Direction - Pan's Labyrinth

Cinematography - Children of Men

Costume Design - Curse of the Golden Flower

Documentary Feature - An Inconveinient LIE Truth

Documentary Short - Rehearsing A Dream

Film Editing - The Departed

Foreign Language Film - Pan's Labyrinth

Makeup - Apocalypto

Original Score - Note's on a Scandal

Original Song - "Our Town" - Cars

Short Film-Animated - The Little Matchgirl

Short Film-Live Action - West Bank Story

Sound Editing - Flags of Our Fathers

Sound Mixing - Flags of Our Fathers

Visual Effects - Superman Returns

Screenplay-Adapted - The Departed

Screenplay-Original - Little Miss Sunshine

6 comments:

v said...

I actually do care and I am glad you made this post.

Unfortunately this year I have seen only one of the nominated films. In any case there's no way I can see all of them. Plus the Oscars are more a popularity contest and I like guessing as to who will win and who should for artistic reasons. But there are always great (if not greater) films and performances that are not nominated and completely off the radar. That's why I also like checking out the Village Voice's Film Poll which asks numerous great film critics to nominate their best films and performances. The VVoice Poll stopped in 2005, but IndieWire seems to have resurrected it. Here's a link if anyone is interested: click here please

In any case, I'd love to see Scoresese, Mirren, Whitaker, Del Toro, Cuaron, and others I am a big fan of win.

Sorry for the long comment, lol.

GetFlix said...

It would be great if "Little Miss Sunshine" won Best Picture. Comedy is one of the toughest genres to master.

Diane said...

I'm very impressed you are knowledgeable enough to pick some of these categories . . . having only seen Sunshine, it gets my vote

Ryan said...

V - thanks for the IndieWire site, very interesting

Flix -

Yeah, I would love it if LMS won for best picture! I don't think it will due to its comedic nature.

Diane -

These are my picks for the Oscar pool. Most of the obscure catagories I just blindly guessed.
But thank you for being impressed!

LA said...

Just got back from watching the Oscars with family members. I won the contest by having 15 right. My prize? Bragging rights.

Ryan said...

I usually do well, but this year I sucked it big time. Oh well, I don't think that I won the contest this year. The pot was $330 and growing the last time I saw the offical count. I really thought that I would be saying "show me the money" after the telecast, but alas, I am just crying in my beer.