Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Looking for the Escape Hatch





I have just finished listening to the new Gwen Stefani LP, "The Sweet Escape." Verdict... It sucks, and sucks hard. Why is she rehashing all of the same crap on this album?!? Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed 2004's "Love. Angel. Music. Baby.," but It seems as if she actually regressed on this album instead of maturing. She actually refers to L.A.M.B. in every song on the new album! It is wrong, wrong, wrong! I swear I could write better lyrics for half if not all of the songs on "The Sweet Escape." Gwen, I beg you to give up this solo effort and rejoin No Doubt.

Highlights of the Album: "The Sweet Escape" and "Wind it Up"... and this is me being generous!

Lowlights of the Album: ALL OF THE OTHER SONGS

5 comments:

Diane said...

My take on fellow OC gal Gwen is looks good, not so talented . . . rumor is she is going back to being with No Doubt next year

LA said...

Gwen needs to run - not walk - back to No Doubt and pronto!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

She lost me at the wig. And Wind it Up is AWFUL. Julie Andrews would be turning in her grave. You know... if she was dead. But seeing as she's not, I'm going to say that I bet she's just super pissed.

prettykitty said...

i'm just so sad at the sorry state of music these days. if it ain't hip hop, then it's fergatrociously craptastic. i was over gwen after hollaback and those harajuku whores. i wouldn't be surprised if no doubt was over her too.

PixieGaf said...

PK I agree with what you are saying new music sucks these days. It is like nothing is original anymore.