Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Things I Wish I Could Take Back This Week...

1) I wish I could take back the time that I spent my hard earned $10.00 to see Transformers.

2) I wish I could take back the time that I spent my hard earned $10.00 to see 1408.

3) The week is not even half over so I know that there will be additions to this list.

EDIT - 10:01pm Wednesday July 11, 2007

4) I wish I could take back the 10 minutes that I wasted when watching the last ten minutes of America's Got Talent. I then turned it to PBS and began to watch a miniseries about the Mormons. At least it is historical and educational. Those Mormons are so damn crazy. Why the hell would you settle in the Great Salt Lake Basin? God must have hated them. It was the land nobody else wanted. Okay, maybe I should take those last few sentences back...

This miniseries reminded me of a great book I read a few years ago called Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Massacre at Mountain Meadows . Extremely Fucked up. Killing and hacking up unarmed innocent women and children. I don't think that Joseph Smith would have approved of these actions. Oh, that reminds, me I haven't watched the newest episode of Big Love this week.

5 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

So Transformers was no good??? I didn't have high hopes for 1408.

Diane said...

Check out Under the Banner of Heaven for a recent book about the fundamentalist (read polygamist) Mormons

LA said...

Didn't Michael Bay direct Transformers? There ya go!

Sorry you're having a bad week.

Hey, what kind of doggie do you have?

LA said...

Never mind about the dog question. It was a different Ryan who posted on Diane's and I got confused. Unless, of course, you DO have a dog, in which case I want to hear all about him/her.

EditThis said...

I'll have to look out for that Mormon documentary. After I started to watch Big Love, I looked on the internet for info on the fundamentalist Mormans and came across a site with a 10 part article that was very indepth and interesting and realistically horrifying. Have you seen the Southpark about Mormons? Very funny.