Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Announcement, Announcement, Listen Up Y’all

That is right, I, Ryan A. Schmidt will be training for a marathon beginning next Saturday June 21, 2007. I have teamed up with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training. They are the world's largest endurance sports training program. The program provides training to run or walk marathons and half marathons or participate in triathlons and century (100-mile) bike rides. Have any of you ran a marathon in the past? I am sure that I have a whole lot of work ahead of me. I am glad that I have lost 70lbs within the past 18 months. Now I don’t have to carry that load of crap with me while training. Damn I was a fuckin’ fat ass at 260lbs. Well I think I am going to start another blog to highlight my training.
I will be running the California International Marathon on December 2, 2007.
Here is the course map! Enjoy.

7 comments:

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Good for you!!! Not only for the marathon but for losing 60lbs. That's a big accomplishment!

Keep us posted on your training.

Diane said...

Right on! good for you, and you should post a link so we can sponsor you. Congrats on the weight loss too, you skinny little thing

GetFlix said...

70 lb.?!! Well done, Ryan!!

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Upon further reading, I realized that I can not do math, nor can I read properly the first time, even when you type out how much weight you lost. SO! Congratulations on the 70lb loss.

Huked on Fonix wurked for me!

v said...

Congrats on the weight loss and training for a marathon.

I'm exercising more and getting into better shape, so I'm glad to hear (and be motivated by the fact that) you've done so well.

Still, I ain't running no marathon. I was thinking about a half marathon but had to pass due to a prior engagement. Yes, the prior engagement of me not running on that particular day. Lol.

Seriously, congrats again! And I can't wait to read about your training and marathon experience (I've heard good and bad things from people who recently ran their first). Best of luck, congrats, and keep us updated!

LA said...

Dude! Major props on all the above!

Keep us posted when you start taking sponsors. Coincidentally, I just sponsored someone else recently for the same run (well, except it's in LA), but I'd be very proud to sponsor you as well.

EditThis said...

Holy crap! 70 lbs?! You rock! Good luck on the marathon. Definitely let us know if you need sponsors. I'll be thinking of you when I finish my measly 5k run totally exhausted next month.