Thursday, April 12, 2007

I don't think anybody loves a sellout more than I do!
Case in point - Liz Phair and her self-titled LP released in 2003. This girl was indie rock royality due to the release of her first 3 albums, Exile in Guyville, Whip-Smart and whitechocolatespaceegg. She then gave into the pressure of the industry and with the help of hit makers, The Matrix, released an Avril Lavinge type album. Here is the video for "Extraordinary." You all have probably heard it various commercials over the past few years and has been featured in many a chick flick soundtrack. Here is the song in all its glory. Liz, I don't care what they say bb, sellouts are awesome.



EDIT - I totally forgot that there was an offical video made for the single, "Extraordinary." It was released for the movie "Raising Helen." I didn't see the movie, but I don't think I missed anything.

6 comments:

GetFlix said...

Sell-outs are hot! At least Liz is and the first video rocks. (Didn't bother with the second.)

May have to download that song from iTunes!!

LA said...

It's hard to believe this is the same liz phair from exile in guyville.

Diane said...

Why did I think she had more of goth, tough girl look? I didn't realize she actually had an Aniston/Rachel look

v said...

Yeah, I don't really get this. I mean I'm don't know that much about music but I remember hearing all the indie-cred Liz Phair stuff. So she wants to get a little pop-rocky and pull the Jewel/Avril money. But it seems the teen/young adult masses didn't flock to her? Plus I'm guessing her entire album wasn't this pop-ish? It's not like she's bubble gum pop. Sometimes it's just timing or market saturation or something.

Hopefully she returns to stuff she likes and makes the type of music she wants.

Prunella Jones said...

I will always love her for the song "Fuck and Run." She can do no wrong in my book.

Ryan, how have you been doing you sexy beast?

M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ryan: Yeah, you missed nothing in Raising Helen. Absolutely nothing...

Pru: I love that song too...