Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy, Happy Birthday iBaby


I would like to wish the iPod a very happy 5th birthday. What did I do before you came into my life December 25, 2001? You have saved me many a time from idiots on campus trying to get me to sign dumb ass petitions, sign up for various clubs, and even those pesky Christians who pass out the little New Testament Bibles. Though I do not have the original anymore, due to the fact that you passed away two years after your creation, your replacement has not failed me to date.

My Top 11 Most Played Songs on my iPod:

1. Everything to Me - Liz Phair
2. Don't Forget Me - Way Out West
3. Lose Control - Missy Elliot
4. You Look So Fine - Garbage
5. Forgive - Rebecca Lynn Howard
6. Here I Am - Patty Loveless
7. Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8. Queer - Garbage
9. Safe and Sound - Sheryl Crow
10. You Look So Fine (Eric Kupper Deep Drama Mix) - Garbage
11. Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

12 comments:

PixieGaf said...

You have good taste in music Ryan! I like signing stupid petitions under the name Chesty LaRue.

Diane said...

I'll have to check out some of the songs I'm not familiar with - cool deal!

GetFlix said...

Man, Gargage rules!!! What model do you have?

I am thinking of buying one as a gift, and wonder if the video models are worth the price.

Ryan said...

I had the original but it expired. It was replaced by the 3rd generation iPod which is pictured in the post. I do not have the newer video iPod, but when I decide to upgrade my iPod, I really want a video iPod.

prettykitty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
prettykitty said...

you forgot to mention how it rescues you from having a conversation with that annoying person sitting next to you on the airplane. speaking of, i had a perfect iPod shuffle day yesterday! love when that happens.

love your list. happy birfday, iPod.

Diane said...

I just got my first Ipod in August and got the 30 GB video one - I have to say that the picture quality is spectacular . . .

Ryan said...

PK-

How true! It has saved me many a time on a plane as well!

Jay said...

ipods are the new babies. who needs babies anyway?

LA said...

My Sony Walkman got me through college. They were new then.

Flix - my video iPod totally got me through tubulance on a flight recently.

Here's my top 10 most played:
1. Bloody Mary - The Panic Channel
2. Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In - The 5th Dimension
3. Juicebox - The Strokes
4. Someday You Will Be Loved - Death Cab
5. Why Cry - The Panic Channel
6. I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor - Arctic Monkey
7. Ladylike - Storm and the Balls
8. Black is the Color of my True Love's Hair - Nina Simone
9. Starless - King Crimson
10. Time Again - Asia

Prunella Jones said...

It's hard to remember a time when IPODs did not exsist, isn't it? I love mine so much I could marry it, I tells you.

Great list! Liz Phair rules! Here's mine:

1. Pretty Noose - Soundgarden
2. Fuck and Run - Liz Phair
3. Porch - Pearl Jam
4. Titty Twister - Diesel Boy
5. Handshake Drugs - Wilco
6. Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus
7. A Lover Sings - Billy Bragg
8. Play for Today - The Cure
9. Poor Little Girl - X
10.Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones

God, I just realized I have zero new music on my top ten. Guess I'm getting old and stuck in my ways!

Diane said...

it's fune reading different music lists - it always reminds me of songs I like and haven't heard lately, and also suggests new music I might like to give a try

p.s. yesterday I was downloading Queens of the Stone Age and Social Distortion . . .