Saturday, August 25, 2007

I Need Some Monetary Support, Please!


I will be training for the next several months with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training. On December 2, 2007, I will be running the California International Marathon. The 26.2 mile marathon starts in Folsom and ends in Downtown Sacramento. I'm completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!


Did you know:


•Every 5 minutes an American is diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma


•Every 10 minutes someone dies from blood cancer


•An estimated 785,829 Americans have blood cancer


•Approximately 118,310 Americans will be diagnosed with blood cancers next year


•Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children under the age of 20


I hope you will visit my Team In Training Donation Site. Be sure to check back frequently to see my progress. Thanks for your support!

6 comments:

LA said...

I got your back, babe!

Congratulations on doing this!

Diane said...

I'm in! Good luck, Ryan

Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

What a great cause, saw the post on 'My Looking Glass'

done, good luck.

Ryan said...

Thanks VP! You are too kind!

kookla@work said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kookla@work said...

I have several friends that participate here in LA and I also have a few who are battling this disease. My old knees aren't what they used to be, so 26.2 miles would wreak major havoc.

I will guide others to your worthy cause. And I will email you to get your address and send a check, those online forms make me nervous!!