Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Snakes On A... AT&T Park

Vince, Jen, Vince’s Dad, and I took the day off and ventured to San Francisco to see the Giants take on the Arizona Diamondbacks. Though I am a National League fan, I have never ever liked the SF Giants. I have only gone to Giants games in the past to see my favorite teams, the Cincinnati Reds and the San Diego Padres. This was my first time to the new AT&T Park, and I must admit I was in awe of this great stadium.




Vince received four tickets from a client. The seats were awesome, third row from the 1st base dugout! They were extremely close. We sat on the Diamondbacks side, and boy wasIi happy. Our Tickets provided us with luxury access to the Field Club. Here were dined on delicious items and beer that were severely over priced. Oh well, the tickets were free. Beer at high noon is such a refreshing treat.





Thankfully this game full of strikeouts, walks, runs, and homeruns. Unfortunately, in the end, the wrong team won. The Giants pulled ahead in the 7th inning, with a score of 7-6. The Diamondbacks came up short at the top of the eighth and ninth innings. The only consolation prize for the way this game ended was that Vince caught a ball thrown into the crowd by a Diamondback player while entering the dugout after the retirement of an inning.




The first baseman for the AZ Diamondbacks was extremely hot. His name is Conor Jackson. Though he has two first names, I am willing to give him my last name. Here are some pictures. The first two pictures were taken from my close vantage point. He has a nice rear!







1 comment:

Diane said...

Sounds like a great day!